Saturday, October 22, 2011

Butter vs. Margarine


There is a long held debate about what is better; Butter or Margarine.

I have been on both sides of this discussion in my life and I wanted to find the truth to the matter. As I have talked about before, I feel healthy fats are underutilized in the diet of most Canadians.

Healthy margarine* is most likely a better choice than traditional butter. I place the asterisks after the margarine because I need to clairify the definition of "healthy margarine" - A fish based Omega-3's high in EPA and DHA, which are both linked to many health benefits. As opposed to the plant-based Omega-3's which contain a shorted fatty acid called ALA. The human body cannot convert ALA into EPA/DHA and is required for proper brain development.


See Globe and Mail Article.

1 comment:

  1. Earlier LinkedIn was serving the business community through its awesome services but now LinkedIn has decided to serve the online education department which is big news for the education department.Lnkedin will soon launch its educational apps and custom writing service is there to help.

    ReplyDelete